River City 4WD Club - Brisbane

Full Version: hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jatuck

hi all,

my name is john, i own a 1999 misubishi challenger 4by.

looking forward to meeting some of you for trips and or outings.

i don't have any mods on my 4by yet..but i'm hoping that some of you members will be able to point me in the right direction.

i have an astronomical telescope, and i'm looking at buying a metal detector so i can go star gazing and look for relics.
Hi John

Welcome to the Forum,
Look forward to meeting you on a trip or at a meeting.
Sounds like you are on a good start equipment wise, as to mods on the car it all depends on just how crazy you wish to go.
The Basics for all trips is a working UHF CB Radio, A Snatch strap and 2 x Rated D shackles and recovery points front and rear of you car.
Other things that are a must is plenty of water and food for a good day or two and a basic first aid kit.

Some of the gang are heading to Janowen Hills this weekend for a camp and celebration of our trip coordinators 50th, you are more than welcome to join just for a day or camp over for the weekend, just let the guys know you are going.

Jatuck

thank you pete,

love to come for the run on the weekend..it's my 59th birthday on saturday 5 october.
but i reckon the funds won't stretch to it..
have a great weekend, and i'll look into the things you mentioned when i can,

don't htink i'll be able to make the next club meeting but hoping to be able the 1 after next.
see you there, i hope.

john
Hi John
I certainly hope that you will have a great time in the club and doing what you want to Big Grin
I see by your reply to the co driver that you must have plenty of work at xmas time :lol:
I am new myself to the club but not to 4wding
so don't be shy come up and say hello
cause I might learn something :mrgreen:
see you at our meetings

Les

Jatuck

thank you,

i'm hoping to make a few meetings before xmas. so ihope to meet a lot of members by then.
as for lots of work at xmas in my Santa guise...not as much as you would think, haha.

john