River City 4WD - Forum
2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Printable Version

+- River City 4WD - Forum (https://www.rivercity4wdclub.net)
+-- Forum: Trips - past and future (https://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Club Trips (https://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas (/showthread.php?tid=720)

2017 November 18-19 Xmas - daggy - 19-06-2017

At the June meeting we had a quick discussion relating to when and where to have this year's Xmas break up.

Friends of mine own and run Aloomba Lavender at Liston in New South Wales just outside of Stanthorpe.  At the meeting I did say that the cost was $15 per adult and $5 per child.  I have just had this verified as $15 per site (2 persons) and $5 per site.  All level camp sites.  We will be able to camp in a separate area (by ourselves) away from other campers.  Still the same distance from the showers and toilets.  Firewood supplied at no extra charge, as it is for all campers.  

A little bit about Aloomba Lavender, it is run by Peter and Tere Bonner.  Tere was the home economics teacher at the local high school and now makes the best scones.  Devonshire tea or coffee is well worth it.  There are about 6 acres of lavender which hopefully should be in flower in later November, only the weather knows.

More here http://www.aloombalavender.com.au/

The area is easily accessed from the Mount Lindsay Highway and is sealed road all the way in from Stanthorpe, so if towing a van or driving a two wheel drive vehicle there is no problem.  

Some have asked about the possibility of a wine tour.  I have spoken with a local tourist company, pick up and drop off at Aloomba, starts about 9.30am until 4.00pm, includes lunch at a brewery and then a number of stops at the local wineries.  Cost is around $100 each, depending on numbers we could have the bus to ourselves.

I have made a tentative booking for the 18th and 19th.

I am currently looking into some other options to the winery tour.  Undercliffe Falls is a short drive where there are some waterholes that are good for a swim.

Further discussion at the AGM in August.  Any questions, ask me and I'll try and answer.

UPDATE
We are going to Aloomba Lavender for our Xmas party.  Departure times for leaving BP Aratula will be posted closer to the day.  However, we are looking for who (and how many) are coming and what day you will travel there.

Friday
Merv and Margaret (2)
Paul and family (3)
Darryl (1)

Saturday
Kris and Elizabeth (2)
Steve (1)
Peter (1)
Doc (2)
Paul (2)
Peter and family (I can't count that high)

We will be accommodated in the Triangle Paddock.  If you are arriving on Friday, head down the driveway and make your way to the office/carpark/campground and see Tere or Peter in the shop and they will direct you to the camp site.

Travelling on Saturday, want to travel with the group.  MEET AT BP ARATULA AT 7.00AM FOR A 7.30AM DEPARTURE.

On arrival at Alloomba you will see where those that arrived Friday are camped.  Head straight to this area and then you can walk over to the office/shop and sort the other things out.  Did I say Tere does the best scones (ever).

Saturday plans are fairly simple, after lunch we can go for a drive around the property.  Depending on the weather we may find a place for a swim.  Sunday we can go for a short drive over to Undercliffe Falls.  After that the day is yours and quite possibly time to head for home.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - daggy - 13-07-2017

Bump.  For any other suggestions.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - White Bush Pig - 13-07-2017

I put up my vote for this option. It sounds like a beautiful place and the surrounding areas certainly offer plenty to see, do and experience.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Weatherman - 26-07-2017

(13-07-2017, 11:02 PM)White Bush Pig Wrote: I put up my vote for this option. It sounds like a beautiful place and the surrounding areas certainly offer plenty to see, do and experience.

Hi is there any water for swimming on ot near the property?

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - daggy - 27-07-2017

Nundubbramere Falls are about 10-15 minutes away. There are dams on the property, will check whether you would want to swim in them. Will check on other options.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - daggy - 29-07-2017

Apologies disregard Nundubbramere and substitute Undercliffe Falls.  There are other places within a short drive for a swim.  If you really wanted, that is if you really needed you could swim in the stock dams, but do you know what the stock do in their dams????

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - daggy - 12-08-2017

Had a chat with my mate Tim from Aloomba Lavender, last night.  If needed we can loan his BBQ and pizza oven.  His brother Martin is keen to take us for a drive around the property, something around 3000-4000 acres.  There is a hidden waterfall, good for swimming, depending on whether there has been recent rainfall.  For those that are interested there are some feral bunnies.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Weatherman - 01-09-2017

(12-08-2017, 08:49 AM)daggy Wrote: Had a chat with my mate Tim from Aloomba Lavender, last night.  If needed we can loan his BBQ and pizza oven.  His brother Martin is keen to take us for a drive around the property, something around 3000-4000 acres.  There is a hidden waterfall, good for swimming, depending on whether there has been recent rainfall.  For those that are interested there are some feral bunnies.

Sounds good, looking forward to it.

Cheers

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - daggy - 12-10-2017

We had further discussion at the meeting about this last night.
1. We need to know numbers for catering for dinner. Numbers no later than November meeting. Which gives us the weekend to do the shopping. Add your name to this thread.
2. We also need numbers so we know whether to camp in the campground or move to a private area.
3. Merv and Paul have decided to travel up on Friday. We would like to know what day your travelling so nobody is left behind.
4. Also if you leave early I can provide short cut details.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - White Bush Pig - 12-10-2017

Elizabeth and I will be going for the Saturday and Sunday.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - troopiepete - 14-10-2017

I will be attending,
Possibly little later Saturday or really early depending on my shift - currently working nights so I finish work at 6:15am Saturday Morning.

Narelle would love to attend but cannot so I will be alone.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Weatherman - 17-10-2017

Looks like I'll be flying Solo.

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Weatherman - 23-10-2017

Looks like I'm out for that weekend as I have been triple booked.

Cheers

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - TRUSTY - 29-10-2017

Hi Guys, Melanie and I are hoping to attend

ill discuss with Troopie Pete

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Doc - 03-11-2017

I'll be attending on the Sat/Sun with the boss (read, she who must be obeyed.........sometimes).

Probably leaving bris early sat am.

Do you want me to pack both my camp ovens??

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - troopiepete - 07-11-2017

Hi Doc,

I would pack both just on the off chance we may need them - easier to take and not use then the alternative :-)

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - sirlezz - 08-11-2017

I am out too Cool

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - Doc - 16-11-2017

We'll be there late morning/lunchtime-ish (an errand or 2 to do first thing).

RE: 2017 November 18-19 Xmas - troopiepete - 17-11-2017

For anyone who has not seen the event on our Facebook page..

Several of us will be meeting at 7am Saturday Morning (tomorrow) at the BP Aratula for a 7:30ish departure heading straight towards the destination..
If you intend on joining us please ensure you are there by this time - phone reception is not always reliable at the BP but if late please try and let us know.

Also interested to know of anyone thinking of staying till Monday - I am undecided at this point..