combined trip to NSW who would dare to follow hekarewe BAHAh
26-12-2011, 02:35 PM,
combined trip to NSW who would dare to follow hekarewe BAHAh
After getting some feed back from a couple of 4wding groups here in brisvagus,,, i have finally made the level one decission too,,,,,,,,, wait for it,,,,,, put on a trip down into nsw blue mountains taking in the Newns, Janolan SF also Mt Walker and maybe time permitting finishing the trip with a the caves to caves run across the back of the blue mountain NP.

i am thinking that we can use the long weekend in june to do this as it will give you Qlders the added fun of possibly doing some snow and ice driving as well maybe even camping in the snow. :tease:

for this to work for us, and so i only have to do this once i will need EVERYONE to be ok with me bring together 3 different groups with only 4wding and camping in common. the groups would be the SE Qld forum (Deeerrrrr) and river city 4wd club and off the black 4wd club out of syd. why the sydney club you ask???? because they will help with guiding as there would have been one or two chances in the tracks since i last drove themand also they are a great bunch of guys and love their 4wding

rough plan would be to leave bris after work on the start of the long weekend head down the new england hway and meet at a place called blue hills farm stay the following afternoon and use their facilities as a base camp for the first half of the trip. their location is with in half hours drive of the SF's and Mt walker i will over the next few weeks speak to rod at blue hills and see what he can do for us

what i need from everyone,,, is feed back on thoughts of doing this combine with the two other groups and also do want to camp at a farm stay with 4wd trails track and amenities or bush camp with no amenities?????

i am thinking 7 to 10 days should be enough to this the tracks i am thinking of doing will vary from c right through to a grade and maybe above depending on the weather!! so let me know your thoughs
26-12-2011, 04:11 PM,
Re: combined trip to NSW who would dare to follow hekarewe B
just add this on here this is where i was thinking of putting us into as a base camp,,, there is nothing on the web site about camping but i am sure i can arrange it as i have camped there before with Off the black club there are also cabin if anyone wants them and they would be first in first served

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluehillsfarmretreat.com.au/features.htm">http://www.bluehillsfarmretreat.com.au/features.htm</a><!-- m -->
05-01-2012, 04:19 PM,
ok people i am hoping eveyones back on deck i will bump this agian over the next couple of weeks so everyone sees it attached is a rough inttinerary for the week and the dates i can do it on once i get numbers i will put in for leave and bobs your uncle we are away for a cold ass week of fun high jinks .

DATE ITTINARY
8/06/2012 Dept brisbane after work and drive as far as possible

9/06/2012 arrive at blue hills farm stay set up camp and have a meet and greet evening in the big shed

10/06/2012 take group up into newns state forest and then devide into hard core 4wding and soft driving soft group to visit lost city black fellow hands and glow worm tunnels etc. hard drivers to do B and A gade tracks in the newns sf

11/06/2012 spanish steps for everyone this is a do able track for eveyone and well worth the time and effort

12/06/2012 jenolan Sf travelling through little valley via BASTARD hill and coxs river tracks in this area are C to B with bastard hill being A this hill can be by passed for those who don’t want top tempt fate

13/06/2012 Mt Walker and Lake Lyle bring your snorkles as I have been told that the river crossing in this area has come right up at the moment tracks in this area are B to A with chicken tracks

14/06/2012 bluehills to yerranderrie via kangarra walls and komung river

15/06/2012 Yerranderie to mittagong via wombyan caves

16/06/2012 depart for brisbane

17/06/2012 arr back in brisbane
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM,
Sounds like a good trip ... tempting 8-) 8-)

Put me down as a "tentative starter" ... please Smile ..... only cos I don't know the dates of the Cameron's Corner trip.
07-01-2012, 08:32 PM,
Shazz Wrote:Sounds like a good trip ... tempting 8-) 8-)

Put me down as a "tentative starter" ... please Smile ..... only cos I don't know the dates of the Cameron's Corner trip.

the corner country trip is on in easter weekend either the week prior or after
08-01-2012, 07:03 AM,
hekarewe Wrote:the corner country trip is on in easter weekend either the week prior or after

In that case - move me to the "maybe" list ... please :lol: :lol:
08-01-2012, 12:28 PM,
Shazz Wrote:
hekarewe Wrote:the corner country trip is on in easter weekend either the week prior or after

In that case - move me to the "maybe" list ... please :lol: :lol:

right will do your in

now who else is up for some fun and high jinx
09-01-2012, 07:20 AM,
Ummmm ... looks like these 2 trips will be close together.

I am still interested in going - need to work out all the logistics of it all now Confusedhock: Wink

thread about Camerons Corner [end June/early July] ... <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139</a><!-- l -->
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM,
Hi

Just noticed this clashes with The Queens Birthday weekend - hence Fraser Cleanup!!
So I guess that defiantly rules me out.

The numbers this year will be restricted for the Cleanup so I guess this helps to alleviate the problem Wink

Also yes it will possibly clash with the Corner Country trip but this is yet to be placed in concrete...
09-01-2012, 09:35 PM,
ok just had an email fromthe pres of Off the black 4wd club who would be the sydney host/guides for us on this one and have asked if easter would be better dates for us after seeing everything on in june and nothing on the easter weekend as yet might be better for us and might get more interested so give me some feed back guys
12-01-2012, 09:53 PM,
Ok guys n gals this trip is a goer!!!!!

it will be the easter weekend starting on the 6 april 2012 back in bris vagus 15 april 2012 this will mean you will need to take 4 days off work

at this time i will be leaving directly after work on the thursday night (5 april) and travelling as far south as i can that night then arriving at blue hills farm stay early pm on the friday i will be sitting down over the weekend and will do a proper schedule for the trip and will post it up on here for everyone to see.

i will names and numbers for thios attending as soon as possible as i will have to organise with both OTB 4wd cliub and the farm stay re numbers attending and how many kids so that we have enough camping area ready for us.

by the by the interstate rivalry has already started via emails from down south this will be a great fun trip
13-01-2012, 07:40 PM,
Got to say I am tempted but will need to work out a few things first.
14-01-2012, 10:48 PM,
For all those interested, please see attached Itinerary for the trip.

As it is impossible to determine quality of tracks / ease of accessibility, times given can only be used as an indication at this stage - but are listed to provide approximate locations in case of emergency.

Pete....bet this has whetted your whistle now!!!

Attached Files
.doc   River City - OTB Combined Trip Easter 2012.doc (Size: 43 KB / Downloads: 466)
14-01-2012, 10:51 PM,
new itinerary with link has been posted ignore june dates
15-01-2012, 06:34 PM,
Looking good..

I was chatting to one of our interstate long hall truck drivers and he seems to think the Pacific Highway is a much better choice for travel - mind you I did not tell him it was in peak time so this may have changed the suggestion Smile

All looking good, will have to see what happens with work between now and the cut-off time - mind elsewhere ATM.
23-01-2012, 08:31 PM,
hey guys its nathan on dads account im keen as will bookhollidays this week if the trip is in april cant wait. plans sound good as
23-01-2012, 10:02 PM,
BarcooBlades Wrote:hey guys its nathan on dads account im keen as will bookhollidays this week if the trip is in april cant wait. plans sound good as

the trip is definatly on!!!! my holidays are already booked as is camping space at blue hills farm so happy to have you along nathan will catch up with you before go!!!!
24-01-2012, 05:23 AM,
awesome so pumped frutherest ive been south is newcastle to, nathan, hopefully tyres and lift b4 we go
24-01-2012, 03:26 PM,
I should have some idea in the next month or so but it is looking good, just got to work out if I can do both trips plus one Narelle and I are looking at doing in October - money for us this year is a big killer - wedding this weekend has just drained my account for a while :cry:
24-01-2012, 06:30 PM,
OK looks like we are getting some interest in this now so far we have

tentative bookings

Shaz
Peter & Co

definates
Adrian & daughter
Nathan & Allan

still plenty of room guys dont be shy more the merrier
26-01-2012, 09:17 AM,
Now for some more info for this trip.

Accomidation @ Blue Hills Farm stay

Camp sites unpowered $20.00 per nite per site

Camp sites powered $30.00 per nite per site

Due to limited water on the farm and the fact that they have to truck water in they do charge $5.00 per shower.

Accomidation @ Yerranderrie is free camping nest to air strip

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.yerranderie.com/welcome.htm">http://www.yerranderie.com/welcome.htm</a><!-- m -->

camping in the yerranderie township is $12.00 per person per night other related info for yerranderie can be seen in the above web site
27-01-2012, 04:34 PM,
what r most ppl doing for camping?
27-01-2012, 05:02 PM,
do we have to book the camping ?
27-01-2012, 06:41 PM,
BarcooBlades Wrote:do we have to book the camping ?

Camping @ blue hills is booked just have to give them numbers when it gets closer, so jobs cool there.

camping @ yerranderie free site is first in best dressed but there are a few bush camping sites along the way that can be used if we decide to camp in the town then we will have to book them soon as they are popular

Belangalow SF is free camping bush sites first in best dressed.

Now while we are on the subject of this trip we will need to have a get together to work out finite details, and make sure everyone is on the same page. was talking to Shazz on sunday and mentioned this, she told me that there was a meeting at her place on the 18th Febuary for the corner country trip and BBQ, and sudjested we could do both trips on the same day. Problem solved! thank you to Shazz for this and for the use of her place.

TRIP MEETING @ SHAZZ'S PLACE ON THE 18th FEB
27-01-2012, 08:43 PM,
Yep sounds ok - should be able to work out both trips on the same day...
Question is will this be after lunch with a BBQ for dinner or should we meet in the morning for lunch?

Also I can bring a table will we need this Shaza ?

Also Also has anyone got a copy of Camps 6?
I may have a copy by then but it could be handy as I have a copy of the Camps 6 way points for my GPS but not much in the way of information as to what the places provide.
28-01-2012, 03:31 PM,
Hi Guys.

When I was talking with Adrian I was thinking along the lines of ... meeting at my place ... having a late BBQ lunch [say around 1 pm] ... discussing/planning after eating ... and then maybe also having dinner if anyone is so inclined.

But if anyone wants to come over earlier - then that is fine with me as well.

Being a Saturday I figured that we would not be as "pressed for time" and could therefore relax more and take our time to "nut things out" ... unlike a Sunday where many would need to be home relatively early to sort stuff out for school/work on the Monday.

Peter .... I have a Camps 6 book :mrgreen: [I just happened to be at Hema when "That Box" arrived Big Grin and bought my book before it even hit the shelves.]

A couple of camp tables wouldn't go astray either ... I do have 2 x card-table sized camping tables as well as a 6 foot trestle table [my quilting exploits could see me up at Bunnings getting yet another one tho :lol: ]

there is also very easy access to powerpoints for computers etc.

Re the BBQ part ... I am happy to "go with the flow" ... I really don't know what people want/would like ... so a few suggestions would be welcome.
I could get the meat [selection of snags/rissoles/steaks/chops] with others bringing salads if that makes things easiest.

Chairs are in short supply at my house ... so bringing your own chair would be the easiest.

Young children are very welcome ... I have a large enclosed back yard for them to run around in.

I do have a dog who is quite friendly - but if that is an issue for anyone then I am happy to have him "securely restrained" for the day. [I would do this without even being asked where small children are involved]
Plus if I do want to have the side gates open for direct access to the back yard then the dog would be tied up regardless!!!

I will not be posting up my address ... but PM me and I will give it to you [after going through the usual scrutiny of 'safety checks' Wink :? :lol: ... tongue-in-cheek joke here].

To give a general idea of my address ... I am close to Ikea Warehouse ... with easy access from either the freeway or Kingston Road.
28-01-2012, 03:40 PM,
thx for that Shaz i was just about to Pm you to get all that info,,,, great minds hey thanks again and look forward to seeing you there.
28-01-2012, 11:41 PM,
All sounds good,

A Guy from 4WDQ who manages the Hall was going to attend our next meeting to give me a 2nd key, but also wants to speak to the club about the Hall.
I suggested he may be able to attend our trip meeting, he promises it will be short...

Any of you don't like this idea?

Also if he was to attend - before the BBQ or after...

Please let me know so I can contact him with the details.
29-01-2012, 12:26 AM,
I have no problem with him coming over for the trip meeting ... heck he can even have something to eat if he wants ... I can even supply him a chair Big Grin

All jokes aside ... I for one don't have a problem with your proposal.
29-01-2012, 10:34 AM,
Cool

As you are the host I will take that as a go ahead and invite him :-)
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM,
just thought i would give this a bump and see if we can more interest in it the more the merrier for easter in the blue mountains NSW
18-02-2012, 06:57 PM,
ok guys this is the last time i will bump this subject!

i do need confirmation on numbers going down south with me at easter as i need to let Rod & Cory know the numbers of camp sites we will need and also to let Off the black 4wd club know how many of us to expect so they can plan the day trips i have asked for.

let me know via email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:thebeastmaster63@bigpond.com">thebeastmaster63@bigpond.com</a><!-- e -->

thanks guys
22-03-2012, 09:30 PM,
hey adrian can u message me so i have your nnumber havernt been able to get on very often mynumber is 0423312332 cheers nathan
14-04-2012, 03:57 AM,
right we made it back so heres a few pics to enjoy when find out where the lap top has hidden the vidios i will load up some of those to i will submit a blurb for the next mag as well

Attached Files
.jpg   airing down.JPG (Size: 202.43 KB / Downloads: 1,716)
.jpg   bottom of light line.JPG (Size: 139 KB / Downloads: 1,750)
.jpg   flex hill.JPG (Size: 81.31 KB / Downloads: 1,728)
.jpg   GQ on ranger bob.JPG (Size: 204.7 KB / Downloads: 1,664)
.jpg   light line.JPG (Size: 136.38 KB / Downloads: 1,720)
.jpg   ranger bob hill.JPG (Size: 236.93 KB / Downloads: 1,719)
.jpg   slippery rock.JPG (Size: 276.72 KB / Downloads: 1,716)
.jpg   step up @ slippery.JPG (Size: 289.16 KB / Downloads: 1,777)
14-04-2012, 08:37 AM,
Looks like it was an interesting trip ... and a bit damp in parts.

You didn't tell me you were going to be climbing vertical hills LOL [2nd last pic]

Can't wait for the videos !!!!!!!!!
14-04-2012, 10:30 AM,
Looking forward to your trip report for the next newsletter Adrian. Smile
14-04-2012, 11:16 AM,
Shazz Wrote:Looks like it was an interesting trip ... and a bit damp in parts.

You didn't tell me you were going to be climbing vertical hills LOL [2nd last pic]

Can't wait for the videos !!!!!!!!!

LOL i may have talked it down a bit in how hard the driving was,,,,, unfortunatly i knocked myself out of three days worth of fun by getting 2 flats on the first day. the leaks were to bad o be fixed at the farm and had to wait till uesday to get them into the tyre fitter one had the side wall damaged and the other had large amount of dirt etc in the bead just managed to limp home on them ( to the farm)

Nathan how ever got to go out to Mt Walker with the guys from off the black had a ball i think his comment on returning was "sh&^%t its steep out there!!!" LOL dont think he stopped smiling all weekend
14-04-2012, 11:18 AM,
onall4 Wrote:Looking forward to your trip report for the next newsletter Adrian. Smile

can you down load those pics or should i attach a copy for you when i email the report to you???
14-04-2012, 01:32 PM,
hekarewe Wrote:
onall4 Wrote:Looking forward to your trip report for the next newsletter Adrian. Smile

can you down load those pics or should i attach a copy for you when i email the report to you???

Yep can download those pics.
14-04-2012, 06:35 PM,
Heres are the first of the vidio links

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/kEhcR7B5aok">http://youtu.be/kEhcR7B5aok</a><!-- m -->
14-04-2012, 11:07 PM,
another vidio of the weekend

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/qNrihrgrHvg">http://youtu.be/qNrihrgrHvg</a><!-- m -->
14-04-2012, 11:50 PM,
Great videos Adrian. By any chance did you get footage of that 'vertical wall'??

In the 2nd video ... did I hear your passenger [and I know who it is LOL] "complaining" of your singing 'Pina Colada"?? I love that song!!!!!
15-04-2012, 01:44 AM,
heres another vidio guys
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/kAgteT7UrpE">http://youtu.be/kAgteT7UrpE</a><!-- m -->
15-04-2012, 01:37 PM,
yes another vidio clip hills to nowhere pt 2

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/OfBbfKbnNLQ">http://youtu.be/OfBbfKbnNLQ</a><!-- m -->
15-04-2012, 03:11 PM,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/7wAV90QX_Ic">http://youtu.be/7wAV90QX_Ic</a><!-- m -->

hills to nowhere pt3
15-04-2012, 05:28 PM,
ranger bob pt 1

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/6ENqs9HBtnc">http://youtu.be/6ENqs9HBtnc</a><!-- m -->
15-04-2012, 06:56 PM,
ranger bob pt 2

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/dvemlbDMclc">http://youtu.be/dvemlbDMclc</a><!-- m -->

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Moreton Island Trip 2-4 days 1 Sat - 2 Sun March 2019 sirlezz 15 6,868 10-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Last Post: daggy
  2018 05 Mad Hay Simpson trip as it happend troopiepete 2 2,863 22-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Last Post: troopiepete
  Mad Hay Simpson trip 2018 troopiepete 0 2,023 08-05-2018, 10:50 PM
  2017 June 4th Sunday Toonumbar Forest Dead End Street Day Trip sirlezz 15 30,543 11-06-2017, 10:37 AM
  20161106 Hoffman Falls day trip White Bush Pig 5 11,790 04-11-2016, 05:55 AM
  20160917 Basket Swamp trip 17th September White Bush Pig 9 22,958 19-09-2016, 10:49 PM
  20160626 Hoffman Falls day trip - Sunday 26th June White Bush Pig 13 27,972 22-07-2016, 08:56 PM
  2015 Nov 21-22 XMAS Trip options sirlezz 28 54,985 23-11-2015, 01:23 PM
  Boonah / Duck Creek road day trip White Bush Pig 9 21,680 08-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2015 Big Trip to South Australia 8 - 30 August sirlezz 1 7,615 10-04-2015, 08:43 PM