Changes to the way Photo's display
20-08-2014, 11:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014, 11:04 PM by troopiepete.)
Changes to the way Photo's display
Hi

Since updating the forum we have had an issue with attached photo's being too large to display correctly..

First option to fix this is for the sender "You" to resize the photo's to 400x800 or similar but this can be a pain for some..

So to correct this issue I have implemented a change to the forum to display all photo's as thumbnails 400x800, what changes then..
Well you can upload larger photo's and the forum software will display only 400x800 photo's but if the user was to click on the photo's the full size photo will download to the computer so you can still add HD Photo's and people can still view them this way if they want to, or view them as large thumbnails..

21-08-2014, 07:52 PM,
RE: Changes to the way Photo's display
Peter
Is there any reason why I can't add any more photos to the Cape York thread.
21-08-2014, 09:00 PM,
RE: Changes to the way Photo's display and replying to posts
I posted two large photos yesterday my mistake. Another point on the new forum is that there a two reply button down the bottom of each post .One is Reply ,this quotes the last post then your new post.Down a little further is" New reply" .This button only post what you write without repeating last post .
21-08-2014, 09:06 PM,
I am yet to have a good look through your post but there is a total post limit of 10Meg, I have also made the total JPG image file size as 10Meg so it seems it's possible to post a photo that will consume the total Post size..

This limit appears to be a fixed limit within the forum software so for us it means we need to:-
A - Reduce all photo's to bring down the total upload size..
B - Separate the story up to several posts
C - Post the photo's on a remote share site such as Photobucket and install links..

One nice thing the forum has is the ability to reload photo's to an existing post so if you resize all of your photo's then update the existing photo's this should allow you to post additional photo's..
I hope Undecided
21-08-2014, 09:34 PM,
You can reduce photos easily on widows for free with " Image Thrink'' ,Its a simple exe file that you can drag to your decktop after you unzip it. There is also a android version on google play for $1.99, its a great app has multi size photo reductions and will send them directly to apps of your choice like email, dropbox ect http://image-shrink.en.lo4d.com/ and andriod https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...tree&hl=en The free android version will only reduce or send one photo at a time
22-08-2014, 08:01 AM,
When I posted the thread I broke it up into individual posts. You will notice that Day 1 and Day 2 have no line separating them, but everyday from there on has the line. Where the line appears are separate posts. In the back of mind I was thinking that there may have been a post limit.

Looks like I may have to remove a heap of photo's and resize them. Hopefully, one of the programs that Joe suggested is quicker than Photo Shop.
22-08-2014, 10:27 PM,
I have used a few programs but the one for windows 7 that you download is instant and it installs on explorer
Just google it "resize pictures windows 7" or for your operating system

and you simply right click on a photo and select resize pictures Rolleyes
then you get this box

and choose your size Huh
it is almost instant Big Grin
23-08-2014, 11:54 AM,
My biggest problem is I have Windows 8, which nothing is compatible with. I have found Image Tuner which seems to work fine.
I however think I may need to apologize to some people for what the resizing does to them in a resized photo.
23-08-2014, 06:26 PM,
google "resize windows 8" and you will find itRolleyes
install it and see how it goes Cool
it should be as good as mineBig Grin