2016 XMAS weekend Ballina Beach Option - 19th - 20th November
29-06-2016, 04:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016, 06:06 PM by sirlezz.)
2016 XMAS weekend Ballina Beach Option - 19th - 20th November
Been looking on You Camp for some different ideas for our end of year camping

Option One Wins the debate

Option 1 Ballina Beach Village  https://www.youcamp.com/properties/774

Gorgeous 20 acres property on the beach by the river. Amenities include camp kitchen, 3 amenities blocks with hot showers, 2 pools, childrens playground, dump point, cafe, kiosk, bait, tackle, cabins if you need them. From $20 night

4wheel drive access to the beach - no permit is required. You can drive all the way South to Evans Head, about 30+ Kms tides permitting.

Access us via the Burns Point Ferry if you are coming from Ballina, ($5.50 one way) or come via Wardell if you are coming from South. See full description, travel instructions and photos at our website,

https://www.ballinabeachvillage.com.au/

We are pet friendly too! Wilderness paradise.

Option 2 Mt Barney Wilderness Retreat https://www.youcamp.com/properties/174

2.5 hrs drive from Brisbane, 30km south of Boonah. 4WD access only.
Open Friday to Sunday (minimum booking is for two nights). Camping Fees: $25 per person per night. Cabin fees: $160 per night (sleeps up to 10 persons). 130ha at 725m beside Mt Barney NP.

We have about 130ha (300ac) of mountains and forest available to you for camping and bushwalking. We offer a small camping ground with all the basic facilities you would expect in a wilderness retreat plus a bit more.
For those who want to stay close to our main facilities we offer about 2 ha of open space in which to pitch your tent or place your camper van.
For those who want a complete wilderness escape we can also offer even more remote locations - hidden in the forest and ridges of the property and accessible by more experienced four wheel drivers - as the tracks get rougher and steeper.

Option 3 Hosanna Farmstay https://www.youcamp.com/properties/753

Nestled in the beautiful Tweed Valley on the NSW North Coast, 2 hours from Brisbane, 40 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport and 40 minutes from Byron Bay $12 per person per night camping

Hosanna is a 100-acre family and dog friendly farmstay just behind the busy coastal strip of Northern NSW, offering accommodation, activities and functions for individuals, families, groups, and schools.

Come and help feed the farm animals and join in the milking. Have a splash in the dam, jump off the diving board and paddle in a kayak! Build your campfire and finish the day roasting marshmallows. Hosanna is located in the Tweed Valley, near Mt Warning
Great activities, a swimming dam with diving board and kayaks, and the yummiest food ever, make a Hosanna a great school camp venue! Katapult, Amazing Race and Dreamtime

More to come
29-06-2016, 07:46 PM,
RE: 2016 XMAS weekend Options
Ballina Beach Viĺlage. I have stayed there a couple of times over the years. Not a bad place, run by hippies. Amenities a bit hit and miss. Like all beaches it depends on how much sand there is. One year you could only access the beach a dead low tide and only one year could you make it all the way to Evans Head.
There a lot more and better options than this place in this area.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
30-06-2016, 07:56 PM,
Okay some more different type of camping weekends and a couple 4d drive parks
should give plenty for you to talk about Big Grin

Moongalba - https://www.youcamp.com/properties/495

Just 1Km south off the Warrago Highway on Two Tree Hill Road, top of the Marburg - Minden Range and 2Km west of Marburg. That’s half way between Brisbane and Toowoomba.

On top of the Marburg - Minden Range, this 40 acre property is quite and noise free for radio operations and camping. The area is non-powered and being self contained is essential, completely private settings, enclosed campfires and a large outdoor fireplace. (subject to fire restrictions) Wonderful views in all directions, a secluded area that ensures total privacy. The property has a number of horses that graze and is also a haven to bird life and wildlife.
Plenty of social driving around the Dam and dirt tracks

Hartwood - https://www.youcamp.com/properties/544

70 km South East of Brisbane behind the Gold Coast from $20

Hartwood in the middle, atop of Tamborine Mountain, behind the Gold Coast. Walk to local wineries. Enjoy stunning Western views across the valley while the sun sets.
Hartwood is five acres of cleared pastures and timbered areas with tall trees and bird life.
There are farm animals grazing, cows, peacocks, chooks and ducks. The property is dog friendly if on a leash.
There is power and water available and public toilets nearby.
Tamborine Mountain is located within a triangle, 35km from Beenleigh, Beaudesert and Gold Coast.
It is popular for local Artisans, crafts, galleries, local wineries, cafes and restaurants.
There are many bush walking tracks through ancient rainforest. There is an IGA supermarket, doctors, chemist and essentials available within one kilometre.
Plenty of social driving up to Binna Burra OReilly's and Duck Creek Rd

The Shed Cafe and Camping - https://www.youcamp.com/properties/328

1.5 hours drive from Brisbane and Gold Coast along the Rathdowney Boonah Rd from $10 per night

We have a beautiful property in South East Qld. We grow olives and produce olive oil and olives themselves. We also have a beautiful rustic shed filled with all sorts of nick knacks and the very best homemade food and great coffee on hand - open every weekend. There are amenities and we are pet friendly also, so we are now introducing a camping area so you can come stay and relax and enjoy the views that we have to offer.
We are a small property but offer a more relaxed environment, so the camping spots are larger without having too many neighbours beside you. We can cater for group bookings within the Shed Cafe and the camping grounds making it a one stop for play and stay weekends. We are also close to 4x4 parks and tracks where you can go out explore for the day then come back to the peace and quite of your campsite.

Cafe only open weekends camping available 7 days
Rates - $10 per night adults and $5 per night kids(under 16)
Group booking and functions give us a call
On 0403 163151

Okay now some closer 4WD Parks

Scenic Rim Adventure Park - https://www.youcamp.com/properties/505

8klms before Rathdowney heading from Beaudesert. 1 hour City of Logan, 1.5hrs Brisbane CBD, 1.5hrs Gold Coast

Scenic Rim Adventure Park is 680 acre property located in the picturesque Scenic Rim region. Just over an hour’s drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast The park offers guests the opportunity to get back to nature with bush camping and basics enjoying and exploring the outdoors.
Our park has fourteen campsites throughout the entire property some appropriate for large groups and others more secluded and intimate. We have hot showers and toilets throughout the park.
Outdoor recreational activities are varied on site with over 20klms of offroad four wheel driving tracks at different levels for guests to drive and then scattered around the park you will find:
  • children play areas
  • mountain bike tracks
  • remote control tracks
  • spider walls
  • a maze
  • bush walking trails
  • koala tracking
  • star gazing
We are open seven days a week with office registration between 7am to 6pm daily. The park is limited to 20 four wheel drives on the property daily, so we do request you pre-arrange your visit so you are not disappointed.
Campings is $12 per adult per night and $8 per child per night, children under 5 are free. 4WD day entry if $35 (Monday to Thursday) and $45 (Friday to Sunday). If you stay for more than one day add $10 each additional day.
You do require a 4WD to get to our campsites and around our property

Swan Gully Park - https://www.youcamp.com/properties/618

Swan Gully is in the town of Bromelton, South East Queensland (right near Beaudesert). Our location is perfect for easy access from Brisbane, Ipswich, and the Gold Coast at only 45 - 60 mins from either.

Over 900 acres of camping, 4wding and other activities
Tracks range from easy off-road right up to "winches and lockers required"
Pets allowed! We only require that you keep them under control and clean up their mess.
Bring your hiking shoes and mountain bikes to go on your own adventure.
Toilet facilities available.
Special level areas for motorhomes (check availability)
10 minutes to town and only 30 - 55mins to Brisbane and the Gold Coast
Bottled water and snacks available from the office
Mobile reception available for your emails or work.
CAMPING AND 4WD RATES
4WD: $40 day pass, overnight $50
Extra Days: $10 Extra Nights: $20
2WD: $8 day pass, overnight $20
Additional cost applies for more than 2 campers.
13-07-2016, 02:15 PM,
2016 XMAS weekend Options
Been too Ballina beach resort not bad place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20-07-2016, 09:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016, 12:24 PM by White Bush Pig.)
Ok the date has been amended to allow another member to be able to attend, lock it into your diaries and calendars!
19th - 20th November.

There have been some great options suggested by Sirlezz above, so have a think about what or which ones might interest you (bearing in mind that we will all be gathering together on the Saturday night for the dinner) and comment here with your preferences.

I would like to state my interest in the Ballina beach option. Smile
14-08-2016, 06:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016, 11:33 AM by sirlezz.)
RE: 2016 XMAS weekend Options - 5th - 6th November
BALLINA for me, lets go native, it is just so different and  I want to be near the water, and do a lot of different things this time and just hang out - Whale Watching in season is phenomenal - Game and Deep Sea fishing
Fires are allowed in a brazier only, so go ahead Steve and make one, gotta bring our own wood though Cool 
Can bring dogs too
10 pin bowling, including glow in the dark bowling on Saturday and Sunday night oh yea

CAFÉ 
and kiosk are open generally from 8.30am to 5pm, and to 8pm on Friday and Saturday. During school holidays we operate till later each night with food service. If you would like to dine on the deck please book as tables are limited. See our free entertainment and dining schedule.

We can always 4wd @ 40km a hr only down the beach at low tide to Evans Head and Razorback Lookout
Four wheel drive enthusiasts can access the 18km stretch of coastline and drive south towards Evans Head from South Ballina Beach Road or Patches Beach Road no permit required

.pdf   Ballina Beach Village.pdf (Size: 201.35 KB / Downloads: 415)

Lennox Head this one for Steve
Laid-back Lennox Head is a leisurely (and very scenic) 10 minute drive north of Ballina. It is a Mecca among surfers and its famous right hand break - Lennox Point - is one of the top ten surf breaks in Australia.

Newrybar
this one is for Troopie Pete
A quaint hamlet nestled in the hinterland above Lennox Head, Newrybar is home to the historic and Australia's oldest bakery that incorporates an award-winning eatery, Harvest Cafe. Harvest Cafe combines stunning contemporary cuisine with a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss the Sourdough Weekends with a  mouth-watering spread of pastries fresh from of the historic, wood fired oven. Enjoy scrumptious goodies such as salted caramel doughnuts, baguettes and all kinds of other treats.

Titenbar
this one for nature lovers "aren't we all?"
Killens Falls Nature Reserve is also located near Tintenbar.  It is home to one of the last remaining remnants of the big scrub. Go for a stroll along the track through the regenerating sub-tropical rainforest. The new boardwalk offers a viewing platform located on the top of a cliff overlooking Killen Falls.

Alstonville
this one for lovers of old stuff like me and Erik
15 kilometres inland from Ballina just off the Bruxner Highway, Alstonville is an Aladdin's cave for curio hunters and culture buffs with its historic buildings, classic Australian architecture, antique shops, galleries and cafes.

You know you wanna go too Big Grin
so what are we waiting for Tongue
Vote for Ballina
16-08-2016, 03:37 PM,
RE: 2016 XMAS weekend Options - 5th - 6th November
Please note the new AMENDED Christmas trip dates of 19th and 20th of November.
17-08-2016, 05:51 PM,
RE: 2016 XMAS weekend Options - 19th - 20th November
Hi everyone. 
After doing some checking it was confirmed that Mt Barney Wilderness retreat has approx 8km of 4wd only rated track to get to it. Unfortunately this may not be suitable for some members that wish to bring other family members in non-4wd vehicles. 
So to this end, I will create the Christmas event to be held at the Ballina beach option which we can then take advantage of some of Sirlezz's excellent exploring suggestions around the region for those that wish to check them out.
We can re-visit the Mt Barney suggestion at a later date as a 4wd only trip.
17-08-2016, 06:25 PM,
RE: 2016 XMAS weekend Ballina Beach Option - 19th - 20th November
Ballina Beach information

Ballina is around 2+ hours drive from Brisbane and the ferry stays open to midnight

Anyone wanting to go Friday? or is it a early Saturday morning run from Brisbane meeting at the Yatala Pie shop or Hungry Jacks Helensvale opposite Movie World? Huh

Info from the Ballina Village I said we might have 9 cars attending Big Grin
Hello Les, thanks so much for your enquiry - yes we can definitely do a great weekend for you. un-powered sites are just $30 a night for 2 people, and we can group you together. If you want a group dinner we can do that too.

We also have budget to superior cabins, and powers and un-powered camping, tipis and vans - so something for everyone.

Below is our e-brochure have a look through and let me know your thoughts,  drop me an email back or ring our reservations desk and book on 0266863347 and we can make a group reservation, and everyone can ring and pay for themselves.

Kindest regards, Rikki  Book on line: https://www.ballinabeachvillage.com.au/book-online[/url]

[url=https://www.ballinabeachvillage.com.au/book-online]
18-08-2016, 01:28 PM,
Wendy and I will head down on Friday night after work.
24-08-2016, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-08-2016, 11:44 AM by White Bush Pig.)
Hi Everyone.
We have made a tentative group booking with 10 unpowered sites on hold in the Wilderness camping area (subject to individual confirmation and payment by attending members) under the name of River City 4wd Club. This hold will cover both Friday and Saturday night for those that wish to come earlier.
Saturday convoy meeting spot: TBA
Sites are 6 x 8 to 8 x 8 and can comfortably fit a camper trailer, caravan or large tent (2 smaller tents are also permitted on one site).
Prices:
$30 per night (covers 2 adults)
Any additional adults (18+) under that site / name $15 each
Any additional children under that site / name $10 each
Payment:
When making your payment online the reference is River City 4wd. When payment is complete you must call them (02 6686 3347) to give your detail name, phone number etc and quote the reference River City 4wd Club so they can match payment / your name to an unpowered Wilderness site.
Bookings are to be paid for 60 days/2 months prior. Therefore, PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY 5pm on 18th SEPTEMBER.
After this time sites will no longer be held.

Direct deposit details:

COMPANY NAME:  Merkat Investments Pty Ltd trading as Ballina Beach Village
BSB NO: 082707
ACC NO: 162491316
BRANCH LOCATION: Lismore
BANK: National Australia Bank
SWIFT CODE: AAU33033.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR PUT YOUR SURNAME/GROUP NAME/DATE OF STAY ON THE DEPOSI

Please note that refunds will not be given for any reason.

For more information: https://www.ballinabeachvillage.com.au/

Please comment on this post if you are coming and once you have confirmed and made your payment.

Look forward to seeing you there!

15-09-2016, 08:37 AM,
Good choice Les - Margaret and I will attend and are in the process of making payment and will travel down Friday through until Sunday.
Rolleyes
15-09-2016, 10:45 AM,
Les and Erik booked in for two nights Saturday and Sunday and rang to confirm,  was interesting process Confused

Quote "Rivercity 4wd and Kris Wells"  then they can find our booking

I am taking my camper trailer for some luxury

We are
Leaving for Ballina Early Saturday morning     Big Grin
Returning to Brisbane mid morning Monday   Cool
15-09-2016, 01:45 PM,
I received a message from Peter H that he has also booked and paid but is having some trouble logging into the forum so has been unable to comment.
15-09-2016, 02:28 PM,
We have booked for Friday and Saturday.
19-09-2016, 02:15 PM,
Wendy And I have booked for the Saturday night and will be arriving early Saturday morning instead of heading there Friday night.
28-09-2016, 11:57 PM,
I called in on Tuesday and checked the place out.

I also made a booking for the Saturday night but may look at staying longer once I sort my work out.
The camp ground is mostly flat some trees but nice and open - first in best dressed as to sites as none are numbered in the Bush camping area.
They suggest if someone is arriving early to bring a rope and mark the area out for the club - I have the club Banner so may give it to someone who is going early.

They make a mean Coffee and serve meals so if you don't want to make meals you can buy them from the shop.
29-09-2016, 11:47 AM,
Hi,

I think Chris is heading down on the Friday along as some other club members but not sure who.  Blush

Smile
09-10-2016, 03:09 PM,
We will be heading early Saturday morning with the Mob and staying one night.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
24-10-2016, 10:26 AM,
Hi everyone

I'm rejoining the club after a break of a couple of years due to work commitments. 

Myself my partner and her children are heading down sat arv after work and staying until Sunday evening

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Australia Day long weekend 26 - 28 January sirlezz 7 4,480 13-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2019 March 23-24 Levuka weekend sirlezz 0 1,061 10-01-2019, 09:37 AM
  20181117-18 XMAS Family weekend Gordon Country sirlezz 5 4,576 13-11-2018, 07:47 PM
  20180915-16 Scenic Rim family weekend sirlezz 7 5,988 14-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Weatherman
  20180310 Teewah / DI / Freshwater / Rainbow beach White Bush Pig 5 6,599 06-03-2018, 11:33 AM
  2017 November 18-19 Xmas daggy 18 25,852 17-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  20170225 Teewah Beach White Bush Pig 5 12,935 23-02-2017, 04:07 PM
  20170126 Australia Day long weekend White Bush Pig 4 10,468 23-01-2017, 01:40 PM
  21 May 2016 Moreton Island Clean up sirlezz 1 6,409 31-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Last Post: VooDoo
  20160513 to 16th May - Fraser Cleanup 2016 troopiepete 38 80,887 23-05-2016, 07:49 PM