4WD Supercente - Titan Drawers
26-05-2017, 04:47 PM,
4WD Supercente - Titan Drawers
Well after having having made a set if drawers using them and removing them. They work really well in the shed. I have for the past while been eying off the Titan brand drawers from 4WD Supercente.

I have seen these close up and feedback from Kris is that they are solid and do a good job. Most of the feedback on the internet is favourable, unless of course the person has spent thousands on a brand name set and never had the Titan.

I have been following the price online over the past few yeard and they started around $800. In more recent time i have seen them at just over $400 then down to $365 a quick price rise to $385 for a day and then down to $363.65.

Well i have taken the plunge and purchased a set. Now here comes the rub and why you should do some research. Every day i get an email from 4WD Supercente and 4WD Action, both advertise the same items at the same price. However, the 4WD Action links to a different browser. I was able to get the drawers and a 1080p dash cam thrown in. Value near to $100.

The website says that the drawers will be arriving in the country early June. I hope that's 2017. I'll keep you up to date with their communication and the quality of the drawers.

Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get to the office. Robert Frost (1874-1964)

30-05-2017, 04:09 PM,
RE: 4WD Supercente - Titan Drawers
Well done mate. Usually the way I believe they have been working their orders is that when they get enough orders to fill a container they then place the order with the supllier which may result in a shipping lead time of maybe 3 months. In your case you may be lucky having a popular model it's possible they may have ordered extra and is due to land soon. Allow yourself a day to fit them just in case there are any small mods you need to make.
Regards
Kris
03-06-2017, 07:13 PM,
Keeping an eye on the 4WD Supercentre website and as of Saturday 3 June they say that the drawers are in stock.  Here's hoping I get the email during the week and they tell me the drawers are on the way.
The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get to the office. Robert Frost (1874-1964)

05-06-2017, 05:31 PM,
Research and taking that first big step - well done.
Look forward to seeing them installed.

I think dad purchased a set for his Pajero, yet to see the result but at that price I could not build them.
Regards, Peter
Ham Radio - VK4FSD
HF Radio Club (VKE237) 4115
Past President 2010 - 2014
Vice President 2014 - 2017

06-06-2017, 10:12 AM,
Keeping an eye on the 4WD Supercente website. These drawers are now order for mid June delivery. I wonder if these has been a delivery and they are waiting for more to arrive. Only time will tell.

07-06-2017, 11:07 AM,
Another day has passed and another 4WD Supercente email with all there ads. Today the ad for drawers says purchase now for delivery early July. I wonder if they are selling a container load a day?

07-06-2017, 06:50 PM,
Well I may have good news.  Email from 4WD Supacentre, drawers and dash cam are with the courier.  Tracking indicates they are at the transport depot and are expected delivery in 24 hours.  Only a 96 kilogram package.

09-06-2017, 09:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 07:15 PM by daggy.)
Well delivery was expected yesterday (Thursday). The transport company Hunter Transport checked in again to their depot on Thursday morning. No indication as to what is happening today (Friday). Hoping that it arrives today for install over the weekend. My confidence level low as Hunter Transport seem to have a bad rap when googled. There own website only has glowing references. Here's hoping.

09-06-2017, 02:29 PM,
Me thinks this can only go from bad to worse. Just got off the phone to 4WD Supacentre. Waited 10 minutes to speak to someone. Asked why my order has been scanned into the freight company on three days. Ohh hang on I'll see what i can find out. On hold another 10 minutes. Hello sorry i had to reboot my computer. I sent an email to Hunter Transport, when they get back to me I'll get back to you. May not be today could be tomorrow. Watch this space.

12-06-2017, 07:23 PM,
Well the weekend passed and guess what no phone call.  Thought I would give the transport mob until lunch time before I make another call.  So at 11.06am the items are again scanned int the depot.  At least I know where the drawers are and they are not lost.  So at midday I start calling $WD Supacentre to find out what is happening.  From midday until about 1.30pm I continually call and get told that the lines are busy and the call terminates.  Then I get a call from home and told the parcels have arrived.  So the good news the drawers, wings and dash cam have arrived.  Now waiting until Friday for fitting.

12-06-2017, 10:59 PM,
Good news they arrived for you, now good luck with all the fitting. My set fitted up quite well, though I did have to make some modifications to the bracing bolt holes where they fit to the floor. Just remember, don't do the final tighten of the floor bolts until you have the wings on so you are able to do slight sideways adjustments to centralize the unit and get an even fit around the side wings.
Regards
Kris
13-06-2017, 12:53 PM,
Kris. Thanks for the advice.