2019 Australia Day long weekend 26 - 28 January
10-10-2018, 10:09 PM,
2019 Australia Day long weekend 26 - 28 January
Plans are afoot to have a long weekend away from the mainstream crowds ie: no beaches  Angel

We got a couple of options mentioned but nothing definite as yet  Cool

so stay tuned or make a suggestion if you have one  Idea  

will update after Nov club meeting
14-12-2018, 12:10 AM,
RE: 2019 Australia Day long weekend 26 - 28 January
Options Options looking for Options 

Probably go west to avoid the maddening crowds

Darryl had one idea of a Murphy Creek tour to Crows nest, but could we make a two day event

we have 3 days to play with

Where would you like to go Bunya Mountains, Toowoomba, somerset dam, Imbil State Forest Condamine/Queen Mary Falls, Koreelah Park, Border Ranges, Mt Barney Natural Bridge, Mt Warning etc.

write down some suggestions and we will decide at the January Meeting  Big Grin
09-01-2019, 11:54 PM,
Wanted your inspirations

Nothing definite came up at the meeting so if you have a suggestion please lodge it here and some of us are keen to go somewhere even overnight but need your inspirations

don't hold back you here  Big Grin
10-01-2019, 09:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 03:51 PM by sirlezz.)
Okay I got two day drivers for a day out over the weekend

No 1 - Mt Mee 

As you can see it is north of Brisbane 
we run to Dayboro and then go into the forest via Lacey Creek Rd and then experience the park

it has some lookouts sightseeing with some mild 4wding involved a really good day out and will take you all day too

can stop for lunch and the Gantry very nice and finish off with a drive to the Rocky water holes before heading for home

this is the parks trails and they are good to drive for the fun of it

No 2 - Border Ranges

Meet at Beaudesert and head south to the border via Lions Rd

then up the mountains to the park this one costs $8 per car so bring change to fill the enevelope and take your registration with you

Have lunch looking at the Qld border from NSW Big Grin

excellent days run with plenty to see along the way and a great view of Mt Warning to and maybe a visit to Natural Arch on the way home

mild dirt roads and easy driving all the way with no change of tyre pressure

Which one to pick? cause I wanna go both but want to test out the new truck too!  Huh 

Any interest let me know

Not sure what day but could be flexible from Sat to Mon but I got to get someone to stay with Mum

and don't forget the Lamb too  Tongue
11-01-2019, 03:29 PM,
Thanks Les, some good day strips you have offered up and Hope someone takes you up so you can take the new truck put for a test run.

As we got No interest from members on the night Wendy has booked us in with some of her friends on a friends property some where near Stanthrope so I'm out for the Aussie Weekend.

Cheers
21-01-2019, 09:19 PM,
Okay I am going to Border Rangers on the Sunday for a day trip  Cool

No replies to my options from anyone so I am picking my own this time  Big Grin  

out to Beaudesert up the Lions Rd then up to the Border Rangers for a look around the Park 

campsites lookouts to Mt Warning and Qld and a picnic ground too then driving down the mountain and then onto Murwillumbah for some refreshments before heading back to Qld via Natural Arch Wink

depending on time whether  I stop there for another look at water and holes etc.

then homeward bound via Hinze dam rd

Leaving home around 9am after my mothers carer arrives and travel straight to Border Range

Brisbane forecast partly cloudy, but who knows what is up at the mountains

Any followers please let me know and we make plans

bring food and drink

there is about six hours driving and then some time 2 hrs to see everything

So a good day out of the house  Big Grin Cool Wink Rolleyes Smile Angel
23-01-2019, 08:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-01-2019, 08:55 AM by Weatherman.)
Sounds like a good trip Les with plenty of Exploring do be done. Hope you can find some hidden Jems along your way. I'll be out near Stanthorpe and have been told it on a 2000Ac property so I'm taking the bike so I can explore its potential.

Cheers
13-02-2019, 04:39 PM,
Okay Nearly forgot to finish this trip off

we had 3 cars on the trip

Paul & Allison
Dennis & Kim
Myself

Been wanting to do this trip for some time and it was closed for a long time while they cleared the roads of fallen trees etc.

Well we left Beaudesert and wound our way up the mountains stopping at the railway loop for a while   while Paul took a detour into the Sheepstation Campground border lookout while we registered at the Park station entry, and then driving to the NSW QLD border lookout but hahahaha did it need a clearing prune as the undergrowth has got a good spurt on leaving only a window into Qld

We travelled on and visited the Pinnacle  lookout, 

Then we cruised to the Blackbutt lookout where we stopped for lunch but all the tables were taken

had a good time visiting the Bar Mountain Picnic area with a quick walk to nowhere well it was a secluded picnic table with plenty of moss and a terrible lean to it

The area had a lot of shaded car parks and a big eating shed with open fire place as well, was a really good spot to stop, and some of us went on a short walk too while other visitors arrived ready to bicycle themselves to the ends of the trails

we then proceeded down the mountain and onto Murwillumbah and then home via Natural Bridge, but first we bought up big at a roadside stall where I thought the tomato relish was really cheap until they pointed out the real price  oh dear embarrassment  Huh but I bought it anyway as they can use the money instead of Coles and Erik loved it and quickly polished off the remainder of the jar within days

Spent some time at Natural bridge wandering around taking photos etc relearning how to use my SLR camera again it was a good time spent here and I hadn't been there in some time and signs everywhere keeping you to the tracks and out of the water

Well it was a very pleasant end to a great day out and the feeling was well satisfied as we headed for home
And what a blessing the Freeway was with little traffic all the way home from Nerang  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fraser Island Clean Up FICU 10-13 May 2019 sirlezz 9 2,052 16-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2019 Saturday 13 April Boonah Bbq sirlezz 5 812 12-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: OzdaddyO
  2019 06 01 CSR troopiepete 10 4,470 10-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  2019 4WD Qld Corroboree Blackbutt sirlezz 0 60 10-04-2019, 01:30 PM
  2019 Moreton Island Trip 2-4 days 1 Sat - 2 Sun March 2019 sirlezz 15 2,741 10-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Last Post: daggy
  2019 March 23-24 Levuka weekend sirlezz 0 338 10-01-2019, 09:37 AM
  2019 April 27-28 Tooloom Falls sirlezz 0 315 10-01-2019, 09:24 AM
  20181117-18 XMAS Family weekend Gordon Country sirlezz 5 2,319 13-11-2018, 07:47 PM
  Carnarvon Gorge 2019 sirlezz 0 886 12-10-2018, 12:22 AM
  2019 Qld public/school Holidays sirlezz 0 904 11-10-2018, 09:36 PM