2019 8 - 9th June Mt Mee overnight tour
08-05-2019, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 11:46 PM by sirlezz.)
Hi everyone this is the Mt Mee tour finishing at Neurum Creek camping ground for an overnight camp

Leaving Brisbane we head to Dayboro, then following Lacey creek road we enter the park and travel up to Diana's Bath about a 1k walk, returning to climb up the A Break for some adventure and onto the Somerset lookout for the best view

We then hit some more forestry tracks heading over to the Gantry picnic grounds where an old timber mill was located

after some lunch refreshments etc. we head down to Rocky Hole via the campgrounds for a look then onto Archer campgrounds for another look

we then travel onto Neurum Creek Bush Retreat to camp the night
the best sites for us are F3+F4 if enough cars attend

Sunday is big breakfast morning and optional going home via Woodford for a sight seeing drive or retracing our steps to Dayboro via the bitumen road down the mountain

First day adventure

Please indicate on this forum if you can go or not so we can plan now as this tour will be before next club meeting

Mt Mee forest trails

.pdf   mount-mee-trail-map.pdf (Size: 851.83 KB / Downloads: 45)
24-05-2019, 06:48 PM,
RE: 2019 8 - 9th June Mt Mee overnight tour
Okay got bowled over with the interest  Big Grin  ahhahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaa  NOT Dodgy

are you interested instead in a day trip either Saturday or Sunday  doing the same activities except camping  Smile  

We Blast out early and return to home that same night  Smile

If on a Sunday we can take the road back to Dayboro and onto old Gympie Rd Brisbane without fighting the mountains of traffic on the Bruce hwy in the afternoons etc.  Big Grin

if  this adventure goes ahead we meet at Dayboro Post Office and  be ready to leave by 9am, so get there earlier for your coffee and breakfast etc.

anyway let me know on this forum so we can make plans

don't let another weekend adventure get away without 4wding  Cool

Its your life so be in it -   Yea I do miss Norm!   Heart
24-05-2019, 08:33 PM,
Hi Sir Les! Unfortunately I will be away for this event, otherwise I would have certainly been interested.
24-05-2019, 10:35 PM,
I'll check my calendar when I get home on Monday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
26-05-2019, 06:25 AM,
hello whoever mr leader

Just an idea/suggestion

How about doing the Narangba fire trail on the way into Mt Mee

Johnny

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
[/quote]
28-05-2019, 12:20 PM,
Hi,  Looks like I'm out for that weekend as kids B Day down the coast.

Cheers
30-05-2019, 05:29 PM,
Hay les me and the fam are keen for this trip as a over nighter. pretty sure jase and fam and maybe rick are keen as well.
30-05-2019, 08:07 PM,
I'm out, doing some prep for the desert.
30-05-2019, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-05-2019, 11:22 PM by sirlezz.)
(30-05-2019, 05:29 PM)Crocman Wrote: Hay les me and the fam are keen for this trip as a over nighter. pretty sure jase and fam and maybe rick are keen as well.

Okay you are on leaving Saturday then as first described in the initial  tour itinerary

you will need to book your campsite asap for Neurum Creek site if you haven't done so already  go to http://ncbr.com.au/

will firm up attendance late next week

Note:  Postponed only If it rains considerably as it will be too slippery for most of the tracks 

so get excited  Big Grin
06-06-2019, 12:20 PM,
Hello Thrillseekers to confirm what is happening this weekend

we are departing from Dayboro at 9am Saturday for some fun driving in the Mt Mee area

Confirmed starters are Crocman family with possible Jason family and Rick

I wont be camping myself as I need to be back home for the night but for those who do - 

Camping will be at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat  so book your campsite asap for Neurum Creek site if you haven't done so already  go to http://ncbr.com.au/

Tour will be as follows

• Leaving Dayboro we will be following Lacey creek road all the way till we enter the park and trails
  • travel up to Diana's Bath about a 1k walk, I have never done it before so if my ankles hold up I am going this time
  • we return to drive up the track to climb up the A Break for some adventure  medium level climb
  • once at the top we head onto the Somerset lookout for the best view ever of Lake Wivenhoe
  • We then hit some more forestry tracks heading over to : 
  • Gantry picnic grounds where an old timber mill was located for some lunch refreshments etc. 
  • we head down to Rocky Hole via the campgrounds for a look around then onto Archer campgrounds for another look around
  • the tour is over and for those who are camping you then travel to Neurum Creek Bush Retreat for the night

I will be returning home Saturday night myself so for any day trippers please come along for a good fun run
06-06-2019, 01:46 PM,
Hi Les,  Do you have a meeting Point and Time to meet on Saturday Morning to head to Dayboro as all look like you will be leaving from the Sth.

Cheers
07-06-2019, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 07:08 PM by sirlezz.)
phone called made and sorted be at Nudgee servo ready to leave by 8.00am?  

4 cars confirmed so far , Les Clint, Jase & Rick in his new Dodge Ram  hey no scratches you  hear!  Cool
Looks like a little bit of rain on the forecast but shouldn't be enough to stop us though  Big Grin and no park warnings should be good
08-06-2019, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 08:59 PM by sirlezz.)
Well we set out for a new adventure for Clint who was sporting a flu , Jase & Rick who brought his new Dodge Ram into the D'Águilar National Park at Mt Mee
Meeting up at the Nudgee Servo we ate drank breakfast and then took off
We entered the park via Lacey Creek Rd that took us to the southern end of the park where we aired down and worked our way north stopping at the first lookout "Kluvers Lookout" which was well overgrown but we could still see Lake Samsonvale in the distance 
Continued onto Diana's Bath Road via Jacky Creek rd which is on top of a mountain spur and we had white cloud cover lower on either side of us on the way down which was a little unreal but wonderful, 
so once  down at the bottom we met some young 4wders who were entirely lost and despite my expert directions went completely the other way??  I did tell them to follow us

Got to Diana's Bath parking spot and started to walk to Diana's lagoon  and we got a fair way but no way near enough  hahaha  we got just over half way and the track was well overgrown and totally wet with recent rain  I got soaked! so we returned home despondent. but Jase and Mick explored a few more tracks on the way home too
however Clint returned to the Car Park early and found out that the real distance we needed to walk and we didn't take a radio with us???? WTF and after we all returned we found out just how far we had to go to get there.  It was once a road but now is a walking track that is not maintained and I did find a camping ground further up the track but it is still over 2Kls walk and not really identified well on any map we could find

So once we all back at the car park our young 4wders turned up some hours later hahaha 
They loved Clint's and Micks cars getting a personal tour of Clints back canopy and then some poor chap was wanting some advice for his Jeep, he had the bonnet popped open to help with cooling, we did give our true condolences, but his lack of money is going to hurt his future adventures

we let them get away while we chewed over the details of the walking adventure, but once on the move again we found them stopped at the A Break Track apparently a little concerned at the steepness of the  track

it is a very steep climb in around four sections but completely doable, but we were following their tail so once at the top I decided to take a left turn that I had been down before and was a good 4wd track however it was very wet and some time into it I had to traverse a very big puddle 

It reminds me of one that bogged Kris at Scenic Rim hahahaa but got through it but further up the track it got into some very deep muddy wheel ruts that would have swallowed Ricks Ram Jet Dodge front panels,  I tried a side track too but that landed in a dead end so we came back to the start and took the easy way up to the Somerset Lookout

Hahahhahahahahaahaaaaaa  the mountain was covered in cloud and we couldn't see a thing, the lookout overlooks Wivenhoe dam and is a great sight to see.   So to enfoy the atmosphere we had pies and sausage rolls that Clint cooked in his 12v oven totally  justifying the purchase completely  well that is what you tell your partner isn't it?

Needing to get to a toilet we headed to the Gantry that was the location of the old timber mill that processed all the Mt Mee timber in record time

Nice place a good green picnic spot indeed 

we then headed down the mountain towards Neurum Creek,  we  bypassed by the Falls lookout thinking that it would be filled with cloud too,  bypassed the first Neurum Creek Camping sight and rolled onto Rocky Waterholes, which is an excellent place to spend some time picnicking and swimming etc. and has a toilet too  really nice place

onto the road again we continued onto Archer Creek campground which is a National Park  owned site and has some great swimming holes too  is a great camping site and have used it myself too previously

then climbing back up the mountain we worked our way down to Neurum Creek resort where the boys were staying for the night  

After their check in I got a photo  by phone that night from the boys enjoying a great fire and camp spot being settled in for the night - lucky bastards so stay warm it was cold up there in the mountains today

I went home via a very curvy road that popped out at D'Águilar then onto the Caboolture entry to Bruce Hwy and home

Was an interesting tour and the lower parts of the park were dry and on the mountain was very wet

We loved it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 27th -28 July Condamine Killarney tour sirlezz 8 578 18-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2019 14-18 August Sundown National Park sirlezz 2 474 14-06-2019, 04:40 PM
  2019 06 01 CSR troopiepete 11 6,325 27-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  Fraser Island Clean Up FICU 10-13 May 2019 sirlezz 11 3,582 25-04-2019, 01:52 PM
  2019 Saturday 13 April Boonah Bbq sirlezz 5 1,566 12-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: OzdaddyO
  2019 4WD Qld Corroboree Blackbutt sirlezz 0 397 10-04-2019, 01:30 PM
  2019 Moreton Island Trip 2-4 days 1 Sat - 2 Sun March 2019 sirlezz 15 4,475 10-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Last Post: daggy
  2019 Australia Day long weekend 26 - 28 January sirlezz 7 2,884 13-02-2019, 04:39 PM
  2019 March 23-24 Levuka weekend sirlezz 0 635 10-01-2019, 09:37 AM
  2019 April 27-28 Tooloom Falls sirlezz 0 618 10-01-2019, 09:24 AM